TRASH PLANET is a thrilling new season of 70s eco-horror where nature goes on the rampage but man is the ultimate monster… Expect friendly film chat, prize giveaways & themed cocktails. Tickets from just £1!
- Double-bill: PIRANHA (1978) + PIRANHA II: THE SPAWNING (1981)
- 26 Nov 2022 // Intro 20:30 + Films 21:00 // Genesis Cinema BAR PARAGON // London E1 4UJ
- All films screen with closed caps or subtitles (where possible) and an intermission
- There’ll be a late bar for this one…
- Tickets: £5.00 // BOOKING NOW!
- Find more events in the series HERE!
Join me and the Genesis Cinema bar gods for an epic double dose of eco-horror, pairing one of the best JAWS-inspired killer fish films, with one of the worst…
- Directed by Joe Dante
- Starring Bradford Dillman, Heather Menzies-Urich, & Kevin McCarthy
- 1978 | 94min | USA | 15
“THEY’RE HERE… AND THEY’RE HUNGRY.”
When flesh-eating piranhas are accidentally released into a summer resort’s rivers, the guests become their next meal. “Producer Roger Corman, director Joe Dante and screenwriter John Sayles serve up one of the great gorefest cult classics of the 70s.” (Second Sight Films)
PIRANHA II: THE SPAWNING (1978)
- Directed by James Cameron
- Starring Tricia O’Neil, Steve Marachuk, Lance Henriksen
- 1981 | 94min | USA | 18
“They bred the ultimate killing machine… Now you’re not safe OUT of the water!”
A series of bizarre deaths appears to be linked to a mutant strain of flying piranha fish whose lair is a sunken ship off a Caribbean island resort. Starring Lance Henriksen and belatedly acknowledged by James Cameron as his directorial debut, PIRANHA II is (perhaps…) “the finest flying killer fish horror/comedy ever made” (James Cameron).
BAR TRASH: Expect lurid B-movies, friendly film chat, prize giveaways and themed cocktails. All titles screen with closed caps or subtitles (where possible) and an intermission. Tickets for the double-bill just £5!
Join me in Bar Paragon at Genesis Cinema for our first ever BAR TRASH double-bill!